Inner City–Inner Child (ICIC) believes that every child in the Nation’s Capital should have access to quality early childcare and education. Our innovative programs, Dancing With Books, NapTime U. and Read With Me, have reached over 15,000 young people in Washington, DC.
Through literacy rich residencies and workshops ICIC:
- Introduces the joy of books and reading to children
- Expands classrooms libraries
- Creates cozy reading corners
- Gives children books to take home
- Introduces new strategies to teach early literacy
- Provides professional development to teachers
- Helps DC’s low-income centers stay NAEYC accredited, the nation’s highest standard for early childhood education and care
Watch Inner City – Inner Child in action on YouTube
See photos and read about Inner City Inner Child’s “Dancing With Books” arts/ literacy residency with Pre-K classes at Mary’s Center and the Briya Public Charter School.